We are printers. And innovators at heart. We are in business to help our clients communicate with their audience. Our unique combination of bringing applied ingenuity, craftsmanship and sustainability into all we produce makes us unique. We’re constantly rethinking and evolving to get the solutions that change the game.
Our core values drive everything we do. We believe in doing the right thing, the right way and with the right people. Our people are at the heart of Bolger, and we are who we are because of the kindness, compassion, and consideration our people show every day. If you have a drive to succeed, a passion for helping clients, an ability to think new, and the requisite talent, then we’d love to talk.
Bolger Inc. is an 87 year-old, third generation, family owned multi-dimensional printing organization. While our roots are in producing beautiful commercial, digital and wide format printing for Luxury, Healthcare, Financial, Corporate, Educational, and Retail markets, we are also a leading provider of integrated marketing services for a wide range of national and international clients.
Our passion is to help clients succeed at creating and delivering their marketing and visual communication objectives. We do this by producing beautiful print as well as by developing customized end-to-end communication services that enable our clients to orchestrate their marketing communication and product fulfillment objectives across their entire channel of customer networks. This is accomplished through our class-leading web-based Smart Q technology platform combined with our offset and digital print, mailing, kitting and fulfillment services.
Bolger is ISO 9001:2015 certified, and proudly part of the Sustainable Green Print partnership (SGP).
Title: Digital Print Manager
The Digital Print Manager reports directly to the Production Manager and is responsible for:
Coordinating of equipment within the Digital operations.
Working in conjunction with all department managers and team members.
Collaborate with internal managers, supervisors, leads sales and customers to provide technical support on digital print projects and work in conjunction with other leaders to ensure the efficient flow of data to and through the production process.
Leading the production staff through open and direct employee communication.
Effectively communicate company and department ejectives for on time delivery, efficiency expectations, quality and growth though employee development and engagement.
Be involved with helping lead all production departments’ goals for staffing head counts, overtime, temp labor, safety and supply cost.
Help schedule all workflow throughout the production areas, monitoring performance, setting staffing and job priorities to ensure customer satisfaction.
Position Responsibilities (not limited to):
1. Ability to Manage utilizing ISO 9001 quality and training expectations and support 5S Lean Manufacturing.
2. Empower others to perform their department job task. Support questions and give directions when asked to assure effective work flow through the production process.
3. Identifies and resolves issues on the production floor as they pertain or may impact Bolger Direct or customers from a Digital Print quality and efficiency stand point. Follow up with necessary personnel to assure appropriate action was taken and any issue is resolved.
4. Verbal communication skills with staff though employee engagement and encouragement.
5. Openly communicates with management and fellow supervisors and leads.
6. Responsible for P&L’s cost control for hourly and temporary labor, overtime, supplies, efficiencies, accuracy and on time delivery.
7. Will participate in company budgeting processes.
8. Responsible for sharing information and insuring proper cross training efforts are taking place to maximize operator skill sets and efficiency.
9. Track and assure all department material items are ordered and stocked for department’s success.
10. Properly train and utilize EFI Monarch/Avanti system for job cost time, inventory control and removal from WIP.
11. Follow production scheduled priorities to maximize on time delivery.
12. Reinforce and support all safety rules and guidelines.
13. Perform all duties related to direct reports employee evaluation, performance feedback, continuous improvement training and any disciplinary actions.
14. Responsible for staffing, training, developing goals and procedures.
15. Develops and maintains effective and efficient assignments and responsibilities and expected level of performance for assigned personal.
16. Schedules and leads department meetings monthly to keep personal informed and updated on developments in company polices, process changes and open communication (Team Building).
17. Ensure all department employees attend all training related to OSHA, ISO 9001 and Bolger Direct certification compliancy training as it relates to customer requirements.
18. Must be able to handle multiple projects/tasks at any given time and be able to prioritize as needed.
19. Attend events to maintain/enhance knowledge and understanding of digital technology and equipment.
20. Assist in implementing and identified opportunities to increase Bolger Value Add Revenue.
21. Properly and accurately communicate to internal customers on any digital print quality issues, or concerns and have them resolved to meet the client expectations on quality and on time delivery.
22. Keep Operation Manager informed of any items and situations that requiring attention or action.
23. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Attributes:
1. Ability to Manage any set up and or trouble-shoot Digital Print equipment.
2. Must be self-motivated, detailed oriented, reliable and energetic.
3. Understand and apply postal requirements.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Must be able to Manage and schedule overtime as needed cost effectively.
6. Relationship building skills.
7. Ability to defuse volatile situations resulting in a win-win situation.
8. Must be a team player, believing there is always a better way.
9. Experienced in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
10. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
11. Organized and detail oriented.
High school diploma required and bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology and/or Graphic Arts Management or related field is preferred.
Prefer 5 years broad based background and experience in printing industry, with 2 years previous Digital Print Management experience.
Must be able to trouble shoot and resolve problems independently or through others.
Must possess good verbal and written communication skills, analytical and decision making ability and demonstrate his/her leadership skills.
Must be able to work autonomously, with little direction, and possess good organizational skills.
Must possess ability to work harmoniously with all levels of people, internally and externally.
Must demonstrate patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, in varying circumstances.
Must have well developed Management skills.