We are printers. And innovators at heart. We are in business to help our clients communicate with their audience. Our unique combination of bringing applied ingenuity, craftsmanship and sustainability into all we produce makes us unique. We’re constantly rethinking and evolving to get the solutions that change the game.
Our core values drive everything we do. We believe in doing the right thing, the right way and with the right people. Our people are at the heart of Bolger, and we are who we are because of the kindness, compassion, and consideration our people show every day. If you have a drive to succeed, a passion for helping clients, an ability to think new, and the requisite talent, then we’d love to talk.
Bolger Inc. is a 87 year-old, third generation, family owned multi-dimensional printing organization. While our roots are in producing beautiful commercial, digital and wide format printing for Luxury, Healthcare, Financial, Corporate, Educational, and Retail markets, we are also a leading provider of integrated marketing services for a wide range of national and international clients.
Our passion is to help clients succeed at creating and delivering their marketing and visual communication objectives. We do this by producing beautiful print as well as by developing customized end-to-end communication services that enable our clients to orchestrate their marketing communication and product fulfillment objectives across their entire channel of customer networks. This is accomplished through our class-leading web-based Smart Q technology platform combined with our offset and digital print, mailing, kitting and fulfillment services.
Bolger is ISO 9001:2015 certified, and proudly part of the Sustainable Green Print partnership (SGP).
The Manager of Estimating/Planning is responsible for bridging the gap between clients and production. Converting and clarifying client information, estimating job costs, and maintaining the Company MIS system are all part of the core responsibilities. A successful candidate will have a passion for customer satisfaction, a drive for efficiency and improvement, and the ability to work with internal and external contacts effectively.
- Openly Displays and Practices Bolger Core Values
- Department Leadership: Provides leadership to ensure we are striving to achieve a fun, rewarding and winning culture. Supports and encourages team to be engaged in Bolger’s lean culture and continuous process improvement culture.
- Utilize Bolger EOS Culture in team L10 meetings.
- Responsible for staff development through consistent individual and department meetings. Conduct individual performance reviews on an annual basis. Has staff responsibilities such as hiring, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Estimating: Responsible for directing and prioritizing daily estimating needs. Ensures that quote requests are complete and that team delivers estimates that are accurate, competitive and delivered when needed.
- Planning: Ensures that job planners understand the specifications of jobs; effectively plan how the job will be produced and materials are on hand or will arrive in time to meet production schedules.
- Costing: Participates in job cost meetings to ensure that production costs are accurate and monitors estimate vs actual to help maintain Bolger’s print standards.
- MIS System: Ensures that job costing and MIS system is accurate and optimized. Validates job costing and BHR’s a minimum of 2 times per year to ensure that efficiencies gained in production and material price increase/decrease are reflected in the system
Required Talents & Demonstrated Competencies:
- Previous Estimating and Planning management experience in the printing or related industry
- Ability to negotiate with vendors, production, and sales staff
- Previous estimating experience preferred
- Ability to follow and improve existing processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 10 years in a print production environment with 5 years’ experience in estimating and planning.
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and other MS Office products
- Experienced and proficient in operating and maintaining a modern print MIS system
- Demonstrate the following primary characteristics:
- Thinks new
- Team support
- Open and proactive communicator
- Integrity / Does the right thing
- Pursue win/win outcomes both internally and externally
- Effective follow-through
- Good business and personal judgment
- Acts with urgency
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability
Bolger is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering excellent wages and benefits.