The Shipping Clerk is responsible for insuring best pricing practices and efficient freight delivery lanes for Bolger. This individual will monitor workflow in all areas that effect the requirements of each customer’s freight. This individual must also be able to establish and maintain a strong relationship with sales representatives, production project managers, account managers and production staff.
- Responsible for understanding transportation routing of Truckload, LTL and USPS mailing freight requirements
- Identify and communicate opportunities for increased cost savings for Bolger and our customers
- Identifies and resolves issues on the production floor as they pertain or may impact Bolger facilities or customer’s freight or mailings
- Responsible for sharing information and training others on freight and mailing transportation requirements.
- Properly train and utilize system for job cost time, inventory control and removal from WIP and job close out.
- Properly and accurately communicate to internal customers on any freight issues, or concerns and have them resolved to meet the client due dates.
- Quality control checks freight packing list and mailing statements before freight leaves Bolger facilities docks.
- Builds relationship to facilitate changes to insure Bolger Vision beyond Print is compliant to meet the lowest possible freight rates.
- Work with all Bolger Vision beyond Print facilities and departments to facilitate efficient handling to insure timely and accurate completion of requirements necessary to meet the freight routing requirements.
- Other job duties as assigned
Required Talents & Demonstrated Competencies:
- Experience working with USPS mailings and understanding of postal regulations
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high sense of urgency and time constraints
- Ability to defuse volatile situations resulting in a win-win situation
- Must be a team player, believing there is always a better way
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- High School Diploma required
Demonstrate the following primary characteristics:
- Thinks new
- Team support
- Open and proactive communicator
- Integrity / Does the right thing
- Pursue win/win outcomes both internally and externally
- Effective follow-through
- Good business and personal judgment
- Acts with urgency
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability
Bolger is an Equal Opportunity Employer.