Because it’s the right thing to do.
Facts Speak Loudest
Sustainability is often something committed to in thought and word, but seldom carried out and measured — our goal at Bolger is to change that. By caring for our immediate surroundings, we aspire to affect the wider world.
Production materials recycled/reused
Carbon offset in 2019
Office light bulbs replaced with LED
When choosing a printer, choices matter.
We are one of the first printing companies in the United States to be an SGP-certified printing facility. As an SGP-certified facility, we must pass environmental, health and safety, indoor air quality, and energy audits by an independent, third party. We’ve dedicated a team of employees to coordinate ongoing sustainability efforts and processes.
SGP Certification Criteria
- A sustainability policy that includes environment, health and safety compliance, pollution prevention, continuous improvement, and stakeholder communication
- Sustainability management system (SMS)
- Sustainability committee
- Environmental and health/safety audit every 2 years
- Energy audit every 2 years
- Air emissions reduction assessment
- Indoor quality assessment
- Continuous improvement projects in these areas
- Mandatory best practices specifically for the printing industry
- Meeting corporate social responsibility elements
- Tracking sustainability metrics
It’s one thing to talk like an environmental steward, it’s another thing to be one.
Caring for the environment isn’t only about FSC and recycled paper. In fact, it’s less about those items and more about committing to the environment and constantly measuring that commitment. As a customer of print and digital communications, you have every right to look behind the curtain of words on a website and ask to see what is measured and what the results of those measurements are.